FEMMESi Speaker Release
Thank you for contributing to the FEMMESi Community. Our goal is for your upcoming FEMMESi Talk to be widely distributed across a range of media platforms around the world. In order to do so, please review and if agreed, sign the speaker release below. Please note that if the materials in your FEMMESi Talk are not properly licensed, the Talk may be (i) rejected for publication, (ii) taken down from the FEMMESi YouTube channel by a copyright owner, and/or (iii) targeted for legal action due to infringement. Please complete this form, make copies for your records and fax/email to your FEMMESi ____________ contact: [ ]
- Scope. FEMMESi _______ will be recording all the presentations at the FEMMESi event to be held [Date, Year] (the “Event”). The Event is operated under approval of FEMMES Conferences, located at WZ-118A, Street No.6, No3.Virender Nagar, Janakpuri, New Delhi, 110058, India. This release (the “Release”) represents our agreement concerning your participation at the Event. In consideration for the platform provided to you and in support of the goal of “Empowering Minds”, you agree that: (i) you have created your own presentation; (ii) the materials used in your presentation are owned by you or licensed appropriately for use; (iii) you grant FEMMESi_______, FEMMES and other entities authorized to do so — e.g., broadcasters — (collectively, the “FEMMES Parties”) the right to record, stream, film and photograph your presentation at the Event (the “Presentation”); and (iv) you grant FEMMES exclusive, unrestricted rights to display, distribute, perform, reproduce, edit, create derivative works from, and/or otherwise use the Presentation anywhere around the world, in whole or in part, alone or accompanied by other material, in any and all media without any further approval from you, in perpetuity. This includes the ability to translate your Presentation into any language, and the right to sub-license the Presentation as necessary to third parties that FEMMES deems appropriate.
- Personal information. You understand and agree that by contributing to FEMMESi_______, that you consent to have your Presentation published worldwide, and grant full consent to FEMMESi_______ and FEMMES to process, manage, store and transmit personal information collected from your Presentation, including supporting information, such as your name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical data (collectively, “Supporting Information”) to third parties for permitted use. Examples of permitted uses of the Presentation and Supporting Information include FEMMES’s right to display the Presentation on the FEMMESi YouTube channel or on FEMMES’s website (FEMMES.in) on television and distributing the Presentation on mobile phones, films, and other video distribution channels, such as iTunes, or through other third party organizations (such as airlines, hotels or corporate partners).
- Public distribution. You understand and agree that FEMMESi Talks selected for publication may be shared under a “Creative Commons” approval, as long as appropriate credit is given, not edited or distorted, nor used for commercial purposes.
- No conditions. You understand and agree that your involvement is for the opportunity to present an idea to a wide audience and to support the FEMMESi_______ and FEMMES mission, as good and valuable consideration. You agree that there are no other conditions required and that: (i) FEMMESi_______ and FEMMES aren’t obligated to use, publish or distribute the Presentation or Supporting Information in any way; (ii) you won’t receive any form of payment in connection with the use of the Presentation and/or Supporting Information; and (iii) except as required by law, you may not revoke the rights granted in this Release.
- Ownership. You affirm that: (i) you have the full power and authority to grant the rights set forth in this Release; (ii) you are the sole author of the Presentation; (iii) you have not violated the intellectual property rights of another party and have permission to include all material in the Presentation, including, but not limited to, all copyrights and trademark rights; and (iv) you will advise FEMMESi_______ in writing of all third-party material contained in the Presentation (and provide copies of licenses or permissions securing all necessary rights). .
- Legal claims. If any third party claims arise stating the use of the Presentation violates their rights, you agree to hold harmless and to cooperate fully with FEMMESi_______ and FEMMES to defend against or otherwise respond to such claim, pay license fees, if applicable, and provide written evidence of ownership of any portion of your Presentation if required.
- Entire agreement. This Release contains the entire understanding between the parties and may not be modified except in a writing signed by both of us. This Release is governed by Indian Law, without regard to conflict-of-law principles. If you are under the age of 18, a signature from your parent/guardian is required below.